Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

ladies, be a diva, please

I never, ever, thought I would write about anything concerning a diva of any kind but, hey, look, it’s happening.  It’s just that I’ve been part of one too many conversations concerning menstrual cycles where I couldn’t help but tout the blessings of the menstrual cup.  Sooooo, if you dON’T know what I’m talking about, perk up your ears (or eyes, I suppose) and listen for a sec.  

The menstrual cup is a small, pliable, silicone cup that catches all the goods when inserted in the vagina during your menstrual cycle.  Personally it’s one of the best things that has ever happened to me.  No more buying tampons every month (which are not cheap). No more creating “feminine” waste every month.  And no more being caught off guard (don’t you hate trying to discreetly ask around for a tampon?). 

There are several brands out there, but I have the Diva Cup.  It’s simple, comfortable & so much easier to deal w/ than pads or tampons.  And if you think it may be messy, think again.  Plus, one cup lasts about 10 years! 

That’s all I’ve got to say about that.  Go ahead, do your own research, & go get one if you don’t already use one!  It’s better for you/me & better for the planet.  How can you go wrong?    

I'll be in the states for a month in August, so if you want me to bring one back to Haiti for you, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment