Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

rainy days bring granola!

'twas a rainy wed. eve and i got the hankerin' for some granola. i mean, i've been deprived of such goodness for over a year now. [!] while hungrily looking through my cabinets, it dawned on me that i have all the ingredients for a dank batch of homemade. why did i not think of this sooner!

so i got to work and threw in all types of yum: almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seed, shredded coconut, raisins & goji berries ...
spiced it up w/ some cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger & vanilla ... and sweetened it a bit w/ some dark palm sugar. i know... sounds amazing, right? after burning the first coupla batches (my little toaster oven can be testy) i figured it out and now have a week's supply of edible divinity.

had my first bowl today after work. topped w/ fresh banana, strawberry, soy milk and agave nectar. boom shaka laka. photos don't do justice to the joy in my belly right now. =)

1 comment:

  1. oh wow Aimee! Thanks for the Granola recipe! I'm going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete