Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

sweet honesty

meet karen c. she's the first to come into class each morning. after she hangs up her coat and backpack, she takes her seat and then we usually just chat for 5-10 minutes before the rest of the kids start rolling in. she tells me how she's feeling, or something funny her brother did the day before, and then i tell her how i'm feeling and something funny i thought of, etc. karen c. is full of character. a big jokester, always making funny faces and voices. she's smart....does her work super fast so that she can get some free time to read or draw or do origami. she loves to make everyone laugh, but absolutely cannot stand it if someone picks on her even the least bit. everyone seems to piss her off, someway or somehow, and i always catch her arguing w/ the other students in korean. she's sensitive, i guess and she's all about revenge. so i've been riding her all year about being nice...don't let them get to you.....just be nice to everyone and they will be nice to you... and...being mean to someone won't make them be nice to you, etc, etc. yesterday, before i left them alone for playtime, i asked karen c. to promise me that she would be nice and not fight w/ anyone. and she just looked at me w/ a painful face and refused my pinky swear. she said that she couldn't promise that.... because david always makes her so, so mad. haha. so i just told her to do her best and kill him w/ kindness.


today she gave me a note, wrapped in sparkly pink paper that said, to: Miss from: Karen C. [heart] on the outside. she told me it was a secret and not to read it in the classroom or to show it to the other students. this is her little note. she's too cute.

kids, man. <3


(if you can't read it, it says: "I'm very sorry to so not being good in dram[a] class. I want to being good but I can't because I don't know how, so in Orion class too, and my best teacher or friend is you Miss Aimee teacher. And also I want to be a good gril. I will love you ever. love, Karen C.")

No comments:

Post a Comment