Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

simple things..

after a few days of being under-the-weather (just feeling weak, tired, no appetite), i finally awake this morning feeling rejuvenated and back to my normal self.  i'm not one to fall ill so easily (even after drinking the tap water and eating street food on a regular basis, even in the slum of a country such as haiti), so when i do catch a bug, it really makes me realize the value of good health.  there is nothing that comes before it.

and now that i'm feeling normal again, i can once again appreciate all of the other simple, beautiful things that life has to offer.  for example… these teeny, weeny flowers have been raining down from the moringa tree in my yard for a week now, littering the floor of my outdoor bathing area.  and, although i've always appreciated seeing them, scattered about at my feet, i'd never taken the time to look closely and realize just how exotic they are… like miniature orchids.  

so, that's all.  i just wanted to share one of the itty bitty things from my daily life that give me great pleasure.  don't forget to take time to smell the flowers.   have a wonderful day!

1 comment: