Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

so long, cap haitien

wahoo beach
well, i wrapped up my work w/ Nouvelle Vie at the end of march and, although there are things/people to be missed, i was all too ready to leave cap haitien for a change of scenery.

i bought a bus ticket for the hell-ride to port au prince but ended up getting off after only 5 hours (just over half way) in st. marc to meet up w/ my dear friend, anasthase at his father's house by the sea.  after letting the old man drink me under the table, we set off the following day for p-au-p, stopping off at wahoo beach, one of haiti's best.  it was there that i decided to break my vegarian stint of almost 10 years by ordering a big fillet of grilled fresh wahoo.  there's really something about haiti that makes me as thin as a rail and my body was just screaming for some proper nourishment, so.... i went for it.  and it was quite good, too.  def the right thing to do. 

after an uneventful night in p-au-p (and just missing the RAM show featuring Arcade Fire-- doh!), i made my way to paillant for a night and then finally to petite riviere de nippes.  i pitched my tent in my friend's yard and started scoping out  my options for land in the area for my permaculture farm idea.  however, it has been 8 years since i've lived in the village and something felt off.  i'm not so sure anymore if ti riviere is my place.  boo.  but i've gotta follow my heart.

for now, i guess i need to find a job.  maybe i should go home to my sister's for a while to figure things out.  grow a garden, help out w/ her business, etc (??).  i just need something NEW.  give me a project, some activity --physically & mentally stimulating.  maybe it's just the aquarian in me, but i am a bit addicted to change, newness.  new starts, new adventures, new ideas & projects, new loves, new scenes, etc, etc.

here we go again.  something new is calling.   wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

1 comment: