Pages

Monday, March 23, 2009

spring....relief

it hit me, on the first day of spring, just how LONG it has been since i have really experienced springtime happening... and what a shame, how glorious it is. the sun shines through the clouds, warm on my skin, i exchange my coat for a light sweater, and i see the color seeping into the monochrome city. buds and blossoms and tender blades of grass. the late morning feels like a smile from a passing stranger.....kindness is out there, always. my steps are no longered hurried, but thankful. my legs and feet don't want to go home under the blankets, but rather to wander. it was a perfect day to go to the stream, only 15 minutes from home. now that i can bear to be outside, i feel like running. heck, there is a rubberized path made for it. the days just keep getting brighter. =)

1 comment: